Effective August, 2009
*Our Commitment To Privacy *
The Information We Collect:
Information You Voluntarily Provide. We collect the personal information you voluntarily provide when you use this Website. You may choose to provide certain personal information in order to access or use certain features or services of the Website, such as making a purchase, requesting information, filling out a franchise application, requesting information from us, or using our My Speed program (see below for more information on My Speed). Such information may include your name, phone number, e-mail, mailing address, credit card number, or other information depending on the purpose for which you provided the information (for example, the information we would request in an application to become a franchisee would be different than the information requested to make a purchase). If you register online for one of our Speed Camps we will also collect the age and sports played of the individual who will be attending the camp. You can always choose not to provide information, but you may not be able to use a particular service or feature on the Website.
Information Sent to Us by Your Web Browser. We may collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser. This information typically includes your computer’s IP address, the address of the web page you were visiting when you accessed our Website, the name of the operating system installed on your computer, the name and version of the browser you are using, the URL of the page from which you linked to our Website, and the date and time of your visit. The information we receive depends on the settings on your web browser. Please check with the developer of your browser if you want to learn what information the browser sends or how to change your settings. The information provided by your browser does not identify you personally. We use this non-personal information primarily to create statistics that help us improve our Website and make it more compatible with the technology used by our visitors. In addition, if we suspect criminal activity, we might share our server logs — which contain visitors’ IP addresses — with the appropriate investigative authorities who could use that information to trace and identify individuals.
• Maintaining customer order and shopping cart information;
• Storing information you enter when you use our My Speed program;
• Learning about the ways visitors use our Website and how many visitors the Website is receiving.
We may link the information collected by our cookies to information that identifies you personally and store it with other information we have collected from or about you. You have the ability to set your browser to reject cookies, however, if you set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use certain features and functionality of this Website.
Information About Others. On some pages, you can submit information about other people. For example, if you order a gift online and want it sent directly to the recipient, you will need to submit the recipient’s name, address. And telephone number.
The Way We Use Information:
We use the information you provide as follows:
• We use the information you provide about yourself or someone else when placing an order to complete that order, ship the product and to confirm delivery. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
• We offer gift-cards by which you can personalize a product you order for another person. Information you provide to us to create a gift-card is only used for that purpose, and it is only disclosed to the person receiving the gift.
• We use email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
• You can register with our website if you would like to receive a free speed pass as well as updates on our new products and services. Information you submit on our website will not be used for this purpose unless you fill out the online speed pass or speed camp form.
• If you complete the information in our questionnaire for potential franchisees, we will use that information solely for the purpose of evaluating whether you would be an appropriate candidate to own and operate one of our franchises.
• We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website and to share with advertisers. For example, we may tell an advertiser that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our website, or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out our registration form, but we would not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals.
In addition, we may share information in the following circumstances:
Our Affiliates and Franchisees. Most of our locations are owned and operated by our franchisees. We may share your personal information with the owner and/or operator of your local House of Speed location, but only for purposes that are consistent with the purposes for which you provided the information. For example, if you sign up for a camp online, we will transmit your order information to the location where you will attend camp. If you have comments or questions regarding one of our locations, we may forward your comments or questions to the franchisee who operates that location. We will not share your personal information with our affiliates and franchisees for their direct marketing purposes without giving you the opportunity to “opt-out.”
Service Providers. We may share personal information collected through our Website with companies and organizations that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that provide support services to us (such as data storage and web hosting services) or that help us market our products and services (such as third-party e-mail marketing companies). When we share personal information with our third-party service providers, these service providers are required by contract to use the personal information we share with them only to perform services on our behalf and to protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Our Commitment To Children’s Privacy
How You Can Access, Correct or Delete Your Information
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
Unsubscribing From Email Lists
How To Contact Us